A Boiled Food Cake Recipe Specially for Christmas
The simplest method I have ever come across in making a fruit cake. Love it. A recipe perfect for Christmas and New Year for the whole family and friends to enjoy in this season.
The boiled fruit cake recipe and instructions
Before I tried my hands on making this fruit cake, I did not believe it could be so easy. By just following this recipe you wouldn't go wrong but a nice fruit cake for you to enjoy this Christmas. I simply love this fruit cake; it is so easy to make and totally yummy.
* 2 cups Water
* 210g Butter
* 20g Brown sugar
* 300g Raisins
* 300g Mixed fruits
* 2 tsp Mixed spice
* 1½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
* 2 ⅔ cups Flour (sieved)
* 5 Eggs (beaten)
* 3 Aluminium containers (lined)
1. Boil the ingredients (a – f) in a pot for 10 minutes with low to medium fire. Add in 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda to the mixture and turn the fire to slow; cook a little while, off fire and let cool.
2. Add in 2 ⅔ cups of flour and 5 beaten eggs alternatively into the boiled mixture
3. Transfer the mixture into 3 lined aluminium containers with ½ full. Bake for 35 minutes at 180º C.
4. Take the baked fruit cakes out and let cool
Perfect to be served with a cup of coffee or tea, even a glass of wine on special occasions. Yummy…:Q