The Best Cotton Sponge Cake I Have Ever Made
Just as the title of this article, this is the best Cotton Sponge Cake recipe I have ever made. I have finally got what I have been searching for….
The super soft cotton cake
If you are like me have been searching for that fluffy, smooth, spongy, moist and super delicious sponge cake, search no further, you have come to the right place. This is the type of Cotton Cake I have been searching for. I have tried the recipe last night, it came out perfectly.
You will be surprised how this little bit of ingredients can turn out to be the most perfect Cotton Cake ever. I have tried the Castella Cake Recipe before but it was not as nice as this one. Presenting herewith the Recipe I followed:
* 30gm butter
* 40gm cake flour – sieved
* 40g evaporated milk
* 4 egg yolk (medium size) or 3 egg yolk (big size)
* 4 egg white (medium size) or 4 egg white (big size)
* 30gm sugar
* 1tsp corn flour (optional) – My cake turned out perfectly nice without this.
1. In a bowl, melt butter over a pan of hot water or double boiler or in microwave oven;
2. pour melted butter into a mixing bowl, add in cake flour, stir well till it form a thick paster;
3. add in egg yolk and milk, mix well. Set aside;
4. In another mixing bowl, beat the egg white till foamy (about 1 min);
5. add in sugar, continue beating.
6. At this stage add in corn flour (optional), continue to beat until soft peak;
7. Take 1/3 of the egg white mixture mix with the egg yolk batter gently by using a spatula or egg mixer till well combine;
8. add in the rest of the egg white mixture to the egg yolk batter, till well combine (do not over mix);
9. pour the batter into the grease and lined cake pan, light tap the cake pan on the counter to bring the bubbles to the top.
10. fill some water in a bigger pan, place the filled cake pan onto the bigger pan (avoid water overflow in the bigger pan);
11. bake over waterbath at 180c for 10 mins and reduce to 160c and bake for another 20 mins.
12. the cake is done when the cake skewer comes out clean.
13. rest the cake for 1 minute before inverting (up side down) the cake on a wire rack.
You may also like to try out this Japanese cotton Sponge cake recipe.