Top 20 Free Poetry Posting Sites of 2012
Here is a list of some of the Top Free Poetry Posting Sites of 2012, in my humble opinion. I have had exposure to all of them at one time or another. Here are their email addresses and a little bit of information on what they are about.
User Friendly Poetry Posting Sites in No Particular Order
1. http://www.wikinut.com/ - Our Number One all time favorite. As they themselves admit, the might not be the highest payers, but they have the very best, poet/writer friendly, easily adaptable, picture formatting system around. And the very best group of professional and talented individuals from a variety of interesting backgrounds and cultures.
2. http://www.your-poetry.com/ - A good site. Nevertheless, Once it's posted, it's posted. If you want to delete or modify your work thereafter, you would need to upgrade your membership (and we know what that means!).
3. http://www.gotpoetry.com/ -Another favorite of mine. This site has very many talented individuals. One of the better free poetry sites around today. But beware, they can sometimes be a bit severe in their (constructive) criticism.
4. http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/ - Another good site. Very friendly users and helpful and encouraging administrators that are very supportive of you and your writing. A very high member participation from many countries around the world.
5. http://www.writers-network.com/ - A very good site with free membership allowing you to post as many poems as you like, at a cost of 5 points. Points are obtained by reading and commenting on the general pool of poems or short stories that have already been posted.
6. http://www.postpoems.org - An O.K. site, not heavily populated, but with friendly users.
7. http://www.poemhunter.com/ - A pretty good site with many friendly fellow poets and large pool of readership. they have a very good system to analyze your day to day traffic.
8. http://poetrypoem.com/ - A very good website for the poetry enthusiast. Very many features and contests to participate in. they have an array of user friendly features to enhance your poetry site that they provide you.
9. http://www.thestarlitecafe.com/ - A small but very user friendly site. They have a wide array of excellent posting features. However, their readership does not appear to be very high.
10. http://www.poemish.com/ - One of the easiest posting sites around with a user friendly layout. Top 10 producing poets are listed on their homepage. You would receive a high level of readership. A favorite indeed.
11. http://www.poetrysoup.com/ - A very good site with good readership and an easy posting platform. They allow you to enter free poetry contests just by checking off your (selected) poems on your homepage.
12. http://www.poetrycraze.com/ - An O.K. site, but I don't think they provide a feature which allows you to delete your work, should you wish to do so.
13. http://www.writing.com/ - A premier online community for writers of all interests and skill levels,with a creative environment for authors, offering hundreds of unique writing tools and opportunities for creation and inspiration. They boast 943,688 members have already signed up and created over 1,746,811 portfolio items.
14. http://poetspoetrypoems.com/ - This is a free poetry competition site. Many opportunities to participate in various poetry writing games.
15. http://www.squidoo.com/ - You can make some good money, so they claim. However, you really need to know how to build those Lens, and first Master the site, devotedly I might add, before you are going to see any real money out of your work.
16. http://www.bukisa.com/ - One of my favorites. Easy to use posting features and a full gamut of content states are at your constant disposal. Also, a paid site based upon generated traffic.
17. http://expertscolumn.com/ - One of my favorites. I would say this is one of the highest paid sites around, but they do not have a feature for attaching pictures with your writings. If you elect to join this paying site and you join through my referal link here http://expertscolumn.com/referral/65788785 you will be helping me to increase my earnings through your own, not to mention doing me a kindness.
18. http://www.exposeknowledge.com/ - An O.K. site, but not my preferred.
19. http://allpoetry.com/ - An O.K. site, but you need to pay for features that come for free on many other sites.
20. https://hubpages.com/ - Well known, one of the best out there today. They accept only original unpublished work. Previously published work would be deleted. They, like wikinut, pay you based upon the traffic you generate.