Why New Writers Should Consider Redgage
Redgage is more than a social networking site where you can upload a variety of content. Online writers can enhance visibility of their work by posting links or writing blogs at redgage. It has a very friendly community and is good for back-links and additional traffic apart from some monetary benefit
What is Redgage?
Despite the common impression, redgage is not merely a bookmarking or social networking site. It offers a range of options people normally want – they can submit (upload) photographs, videos, documents, links, and write blogs. In this sense it is much more that mere bookmarking or social networking site. it also offers facility of linking your redgage account with other social networking sites such as twitter, facebook, youtube, flickr, and also your blog, say at wodpress. Of course, redgage also offers the usual features for making "friends", "subscribing" and posting messages at the “wall”. Therefore, it is like a "hardware store" offering every tool (to keep you busy!).
A team of editors continuously looks for quality content to feature it on the homepage. If your content gets featured you also receive monetary benefit (which varies) besides getting enhanced visibility.
You earn money based on the content views. Payouts can be requested once the users account reaches $25.00. However, please don’t expect the money through checks or to your paypal account. Your first payment will arrive in the form of a Visa card; subsequent payments will be loaded on this card. This is a reality many people don’t like but have to live with.
Redgage Pros and Cons
There are several good reasons why new writers should consider redgage. Some prominent ones are:
- You can upload links to your articles published elsewhere – say on hubpages or wikinut – within a minute. Or write (upload) blogs and link back to your work elsewhere.
- The links are “dofollow” that helps in search engine ranking.
- You don’t need adsense account to get paid – as you need on hubpages, bukisa, or xomba.
- You just need to create an account and start uploading content.
- Redgage community is quite friendly and positive. Any new entrant is always greeted enthusiastically.
- You make additional money whenever your content gets picked up by the site editors and featured. It can be any amount up to five dollars.
To be realistic, keep the following things also in mind about redgage.
- For a beginner, the site is not very intuitive and needs some time for familiarization.
- The upload button sometimes does not do its job, forcing you to go through the motion all over again.
- Only single word tags are allowed, so the search engines may overlook your redgage posts.
- As it happens on most sites, your content gets noticed only while it is “fresh” so you receive couple of initial views quickly. Therefore, don’t harbor the idea of making “quick money”. Of course, money will slowly add up cent-by-cent over a period of time.
- Affiliate marketing is not allowed.
- Do not expect big traffic to your sites, but regular posting over a period of time will make some positive difference.
- Payment is made through a Visa card instead of check or Paypal.
How Redgage has Helped Me
My temperament does not make me much of a social networker, though I wish I were. But constant “friends requests” from the site make me feel wanted (and guilty as well) which often motivates me to take some initial steps towards showing my friendly face. These friends often pop in to leave comments and ratings on my posts. This friendliness is comparable to my experience at hubpages and wikinut.
Another thing that I have noticed is, posting links and blogs at redgage have increased the traffic to my articles published elsewhere. A Link (see image above) pointing to one of my articles at wikinut (10 Quotes for a Wonderful Day!) was featured by the site editors; traffic to this article is consistently much higher. Leaving the earning part aside, redgage is great to promote your work.
In conclusion, I would recommend Redgage to all online writers for its potential to drive traffic in ways more than one.
If you liked this page, you may also be interested in
Starting Ideas for New Writers
New Writers: Wait Before Publishing Your Work!
Why Writing Good Quality Articles is the Best SEO
IrfanView - A Simple, Fast and FREE Image Editor for Busy Writers